- One of the best ways you can prepare yourself to be successful in weight loss is to create a support system. If you are local to me (in the DE/PA/MD/NJ area) and you want to run a 5k, give me a shout! I’m happy to run at your pace and even walk. Need a pep talk? Hit me up on twitter or email me! Don’t be afraid to reach out now and in the future. Embarrassed that you ate a whole sleeve of cookies? Yeah, totally been there. I’ve been where you are and I’ll be with you until you get where I am.
- Prepare all your foods in advance. Pack lunches and snacks.
- Plan meals when dining out. Be reasonable in your choices if you plan to indulge. Review restaurant menus before arriving and decide what you will have ahead of time Avoid temptation by keeping that menu closed! (Also, check out this post about dining out while on Medifast)
- Make exercise more convenient by always having your gym back packed or your clothes laid out. Keep all of your gear in one spot, including your iPod, headphones, armband, heart rate monitor, etc.
- Let your people know you have exercise goals. My husband helps me create extra time in my day by picking up some extra chores. He knows I’m less likely to run if there are dishes and laundry to be done.
- Avoid everyday temptations to break bad habits. I used to drive by Dunkin Donuts every single day and get lattes. Now I take a completely different route to work. The only thing on that route is a run down gas station and a really nasty McDonald’s (but aren’t they all?). Now I save calories, money and time! I still drink coffee at work but it’s 20 calories vs. 200+.
Planning has helped me find a comfort zone that is building my confidence in my ability to succeed. These are just a few ways that planning can help in meeting long term weight loss goals. I’d love to hear some of yours!
Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5 lbs
Month Three: -6 lbs
Month Four: -6 lbs
Month Five: -6 lbs
Month Six: -8.5 lbs
Month Twelve: -4 lbs
Week forty nine: -2
Week fifty: -1
Week fifty one: -2
*FTC Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. All thoughts written here are mine. I love complaining so I would tell you if I didn’t like something in the program.