- Is it a hard/easy plan?
- Weight loss is never easy. However, as weight loss plans go, Medifast has been the easiest I’ve ever tried. Perhaps that has a lot to do with my readiness to lose weight. But the Medifast program is nearly full-proof – as long as you can find it in yourself to stick to the program.
- What is the cost?
- People look at the cost of Medifast and sometimes get sticker shock. I get it, I’m a cheapskate, so anything beyond the dollar store and I get twitchy. But when you break down the cost, Medifast is one of the less expensive programs on the market. The plan costs roughly $11 a day. That’s a lot less than the $16 a day the average American adult spends on food. (Other plans range from $13 to $28 a day and do not provide the added benefit of nutrion support and counseling like Medifast.) Also, you can use my code TURNIP56 to save money!
- How much can I expect to lose?
- The average loss is about 2-5lbs a week. You’ll probably have larger losses the first few weeks but taper down to that range.
- What do I really think of the food?
- I like it a lot. Seriously. Like I’ve said before, it’s an adjustment. I mean you don’t go from eating McD’s every day to loving broccoli and meal replacement shakes in an instant. But I truly enjoy the Medifast meals. As I get closer to transition I find myself savoring my brownies, shakes and bars even more because I will miss them once I am no longer eating from the 5&1 Plan.
- My husband, Christian, and my daughter Izzy
- my mother, Edna and my Dad, Gurnie (the name is a story for another post) whom I don’t see regularly but live nearby. But we talk on the phone every week or so.
- my brother Kyle – I’d have to say for the most part we are estranged. Again, a story for another time. We have a friendly relationship but rarely talk or see each other. There is a large age gap between us and completely different life paths.
- I have a niece, Cassy, and nephew, Mason
- a great aunt
- My extended family, consisting of my husband’s parents, brother and in-laws, we don’t see them much as they live in other states.
|Click to enlarge, or just scroll down to see more foolishness.|
Month Three: -6 lbs
Month Four: -6 lbs
Month Five: -6 lbs
Month Six: -8.5 lbs
Month Twelve: -4 lbs
Week forty nine: -2
Week fifty: -1
Week fifty one: -2
Week fifty two: -1.5
Week fifty three: -1.5
Week fifty four: -.5
Week fifty five: -.5
Medifast products and the Medifast Program are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. Any medical improvements noted while on the program are related to weight loss in general, and not to Medifast products or programs.